WALTON COUNTY BEACH DRIVING LOTTERY 2018
Each year, 150 Beach Driving Permits are issued through a random lottery process. Applications for the Walton County Beach Driving Lottery will be available beginning April 1st and are accepted through May 10th of each year.
Applications will not be accepted unless all eligibility requirements are met and all documentation is provided at the time of application. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the lottery draw.
The following copies of documents must be submitted in the name of the applicant at the time of application:
- Copy of proof of full-time residency (Driver’s License with Walton County address or Walton County Voter’s Registration)
- Copy of Driver’s License (if using voter registration card as proof of residency)
- Proof of real property ownership (if property owner)
- Proof that property taxes are current (if property owner)
- Current 4-wheel drive vehicle registration (registered in the State of Florida; in applicants name; 4×4)
- Completed 2018 lottery application
The lottery takes place May 15th of each year. Those chosen by random drawing will be notified by e-mail and will be able to purchase a permit from the County Administration Office beginning June 1st.
The permits are valid for one year beginning June 1st and are non-renewable. The annual fee for a beach driving permit is $135.00.
Selected applicants will have 30 calendar days, beginning June 1st, to purchase a permit. After 30 days, the permit will be offered to the next person in line until all 150 permits have been purchased. Those selected in the lottery but fail to purchase their permit within 30 calendar days will forfeit their chance to obtain the beach driving permit.
The lottery is open only to full-time Walton County Residents who are Walton County property owners and/or Walton County-registered voters.
Online and hard copy applications will be available on the County’s Beach Driving Permits page beginning April 1st.
Hard copy applications will also be available and can be submitted to the County Administration Offices at 76 N. 6th Street in DeFuniak Springs and at the Planning Office in the South Walton Annex located at 31 Coastal Centre Blvd. in Santa Rosa Beach.